The Hate Each Other Society



March for Our Lives in Washington.
 Photo: Mostafa Bassim/Getty Images


It is plausible and honorable the strength of our young people making their voices heard.  “March for our lives” day blew all of us, yet those who do not care.

It also hits good feelings watching media, authorities, and people on the educational sector debating and disclosing cards to solve the case. 

Now, are weapons really the central “target” at all?

What’s wrong watching the whole picture?  We are a society sick with hatred.  That simple.  What? See some simple facts.

We don’t want anyone to go first, to cross my line, my borders, even at streets.  Not to mention that guy trying to get in the full packed subway, or that one cutting my way, walking or driving. 

Please do not dare to stare at me
Talk or say a word to me
Especially if you are pointing to my work
My magnificent lifestyle
Or me!

I am simple right
Does not matter wing
Subject
Music
Please, do not contradict me.

What about relations within the family? Or put it straight, we adults are making a mess in the whole society in many aspects and we really –Really- don’t care about what our kids think, like or be.

Maybe you! But me?  I am the best educator and father and…

-Yeah, this is one of those scenarios mentioned before. 

We totally forgot the message of that crucial age called Counterculture, when children dared to tell their parents what they really like or were interested in, opposing or taking different directions than parents’ beliefs.

It’s time to trust our new generations.  As adults, we have to support them and guide them to avoid our mistakes, not giving orders and yelling.  It was the way we were grounded; it’s fine but maybe that’s one of the reasons for the contemporary mess.

Armed Teachers?  Guns laws?  It's trying to put a band-aid on a gushing wound.

May sound corny, but we have to Love.  That's the only method and the only cure.  How?  Starting at homes, at schools.  The relationship between adults and the youth have to change.  Far even, we have to be prepared to be parents, we have to be conscious to be parents. 

Crazy?  Crazier than an armed society?

Lenon again… “All we need is love”

NC
New York, March 28, 18

No comments: